The Governing Body is proud to welcome you to our website. We are a group of enthusiastic and hard-working members of the community who work with the school’s leadership to create an inspiring and highly successful learning environment for girls from Poole and beyond.
School governors provide strategic leadership and accountability. Governors appoint the Head Teacher and members of the Leadership Group. As an Academy the school site is owned by the governing board. It is governors who hold the main responsibility for finance in schools, and it is governors who work with the headteacher to make the tough decisions about balancing resources.
Each individual governor is a member of a governing board, which is established in law as a corporate body. Individual governors may not act independently of the rest of the governing board; decisions are the joint responsibility of the governing board.
- set the aims and objectives for the school
- set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives
- set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives
- monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives
- be a source of challenge and support to the headteacher (a critical friend)
This document outlines the composition of the school’s Governing Body.
This document is updated regularly and contains information on governors over the last 12 months including :
- Type, term of governorship and who elected by
- Responsibilities and Department Links at the school
- Business Interests
- Governance Roles in Other Educational Institutions
- Any relationship between governors or staff
This document gives an insight into the professional and personal experiences that our governors bring to the Governing Body.
We are always looking for new members of the Governing Body and if you would be interested in joining us in any capacity please contact our clerk Mrs Louise Newman on email@example.com or by telephone on 01202 605605.