Parkstone Grammar School is a Science Specialist School
The school became a Science Specialist College in September 2003 and obtained redesignation in September 2007.
We are an inclusive school working within a rigorous four-year development plan, designed to improve standards as a whole and to raise performance and participation in Science and Mathematics.
As a science college, we are now recognised as:
- building on proven strengths to establish our school as a centre of excellence in these subjects
- breaking new ground in the teaching and learning of Science and Mathematics
- using ICT imaginatively to enhance teaching and learning
- using, developing and sharing best practice techniques for raising educational standards
- offering a wide variety of vocational and academic routes for pupils of all abilities, equipping them with relevant skills for the world of work
- actively involved in initial teacher training
- offering pupils enriched opportunities
- being involved in national initiatives and competitions to motivate, enthuse and excite pupils
- having an enterprise and international focus to work wherever possible
- being active partners in a learning community, working closely with our family of schools and the wider community, sharing resources with them
- supported by science-based industry and higher education
As a Science College we use our specialist status to create a challenging environment which raises standards of achievement and the quality of teaching and learning in science and mathematics for all students, leading to whole school improvement in performance.
Click here to go to the Specialist Schools and Academies Trust website