At Parkstone we care passionately about the achievement and welfare of every individual young woman in our care. We aspire for the very best for her future in a world that is fast moving and exciting, and where the ability to embrace commitment, courage and compassion will enable her to adapt and succeed in its changing landscape.
At Parkstone we seek to build on our strong heritage by becoming a world class school that provides a quality of learning that challenges and inspires our students to be tenacious and relentless in their curiosity for knowledge and truth.
We want every young woman to leave Parkstone with a thirst for learning and with exceptional qualifications to open doors to her future. We regard learning as a journey of discovery to engage with new ideas in a culture where curiosity, creativity, imagination and personal integrity are central.
We want every young woman be a vibrant and compassionate member of the school and wider communities. That she should encourage and care for her peers, value and engage with all cultures and religions in our diverse global community.
Our school will provide the targeted and effective support to enable each student to feel confident to achieve her very best and to develop the resilience to overcome barriers. All members of the school community will work together towards our common goal to be a centre of excellence for bright young women and the leaders, creators, innovators and entrepreneurs of the future.
Parkstone Grammar School 2020 vision
- Teaching and Learning
- Parkstone will be a seat of exceptional learning where great teachers enjoy autonomy in the classroom to inspire and challenge our able girls
- Very high quality staff development and peer support to facilitate highly effective learning over time
- Effective feedback that closes gaps in learning and moves students forward in their knowledge and skill development
- Parkstone will achieve amongst the very best schools in the country for the new national progress measures at GCSE and A Level
- Pastoral Support and Personal development (SMSC)
- Positive and caring ethos underpinned by a Growth Mindset
- Meticulous personalized support with highly effective early intervention to break down barriers to learning – no girls will be left behind
- Students will have a deep understanding of global and national diversity and will be well prepared for life in modern Britain
- A strong and supportive community sustained by the House System
- Students will receive high quality advice and guidance to take confident next steps in their lives after Parkstone.
- Community Partner
- Opportunities outside the classroom that develop the whole child – developing leaders, risk takers and a love of learning in all its forms
- Parkstone will be a local leader for school peer support at primary and secondary level
- Leadership (senior; governance; middle; classroom; student)
- A coherent curriculum fit for the 2020s – broad, balanced and inspiring
- Inspiring learning environment underpinned by emerging technology
- Leadership is very strong in the school at every level; all have high expectations and they model the professional standards expected of all. Self-evaluation is robust and leaders know their strengths, weaknesses and how to improve.