We are delighted that you are considering joining us for your A Level studies! Below you will find a video of the talk delivered on Taster Day. It offers an introduction to Sixth Form life here at Parkstone, and we hope it answers many of your questions.
You will also find a link to embark upon a virtual tour of our school. If you are new to Parkstone, then this will help you familiarise yourself with the various parts of the school and hopefully make your first day with us a little easier to navigate.
As always, if you have any questions or queries please get in touch.
WELCOME TO THE SIXTH FORM
SIXTH FORM DRESS CODE
Should include a combination of:
- Blouse/ top that covers shoulders / smart T-shirt / polo-shirt
- Trousers, dress or skirt (no tight fitting items)
- Jumper or cardigan (optional)
- Jacket or blazer (optional)
- Leather (or leather style) shoes or boots, laced canvas shoes – all without excess heels or platform soles
- Outside coat
- Plain or patterned tights (no bright colours)
Items that are NOT appropriate:
- Inappropriately revealing items such as low cut tops or mini skirts
- Bare midriffs and off the shoulder tops
- Blue denim of any description
- Combat trousers or camouflage wear
- Visible bra/bra straps
- Dresses, shirts or trousers with holes or tears
- Tracksuit tops or bottoms
- Leather or similar trousers
- Leather or similar skirts
- Jogging bottoms
- Beach wear
- Tops displaying large logos, lettering or slogans
- Leggings, jeggings, Lycra trousers of any skin tight type trousers
- Vest tops, shoe string tops, strapless tops
- Bovver style boots – with heavy studs / buckles / thick platforms
- Flip flops, open-toed shoes or shoes without a strap to support the heel
- Excessive jewellery
- Earrings are permitted but there should be no other visible piercings. Student may wear a pair of earrings in their ear lobes and in the top of their ears. There should be no other visible piercings.
- Hair should be neat and tidy. Extreme styles and colours are not allowed.
- No visible tattoos are allowed
- No hats or caps are to be worn around school
- No earphones or headphones are to be worn around the school