The Governing Body is proud to welcome you to our website. We are a group of enthusiastic and hard-working members of the community who work with the school’s leadership to create an inspiring and highly successful learning environment for girls from Poole and beyond.
School governors provide strategic leadership and accountability. Governors appoint the Head Teacher and members of the Leadership Group. As an Academy the school site is owned by the governing board. It is governors who hold the main responsibility for finance in schools, and it is governors who work with the headteacher to make the tough decisions about balancing resources.
Each individual governor is a member of a governing board, which is established in law as a corporate body. Individual governors may not act independently of the rest of the governing board; decisions are the joint responsibility of the governing board.
Governors also sit on sub committees covering all areas of school life. Each committee works to an agreed Terms of Reference. These are listed below
- Curriculum & Student Matters Terms of Reference 2019
- Finance & Premises Terms of Reference 2019
- Steering Group Terms of Reference 2019
- FGB Terms of Reference 2018
- P&T Terms of Reference 2018
Composition of the Governing Body :
This document outlines the composition of the school’s Governing Body.
Current Governing Body :
- set the aims and objectives for the school
- set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives
- set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives
- monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives
- be a source of challenge and support to the headteacher (a critical friend)
We are always looking for new members of the Governing Body and if you would be interested in joining us in any capacity please contact the school at email@example.com or by telephone on 01202 605605.