Parkstone Grammar School is committed to providing the highest possible standards in all safeguarding issues. We are committed to ensuring that all members of the school community are safe and happy at school.
To ensure this we are;
- Vigilant in ensuring that no risks to health or safety go unchallenged
- Vigilant in ensuring that no person without proper identification goes unchallenged
- Mindful of all the different individuals that make up our community, their needs, concerns and difficulties
- Quick to act should we believe or suspect any child in our care is suffering any type of abuse, maltreatment or neglect.
In order to achieve this;
- All members of our community understand their responsibilities in safeguarding and know who to report their concerns to
- We are committed to ensuring all members of our community are respected, valued and nurtured irrespective of background, race, gender, sexual orientation or differing ability
- Where there is concern regarding the protection, safety and/or welfare of a child we will follow the Borough of Poole recommendations and share information with all relevant external agencies. This may include Children’s and Young People’s Social Care.
The Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) at Parkstone Grammar School is Mr Jez Graves. All members of the Leadership Group and Heads of Year also have Level 3 safeguarding training.
- Child Protection Safeguarding Policy
- Child Neglect Information Leaflet
- Keeping Children Safe in Education Information Leaflet
Link to the Educate Against Hate website