Parkstone Grammar School has a proud tradition of offering a varied programme of optional trips for curriculum enrichment, some of which are abroad. In order to meet the statutory requirements set down by the DfE, and also to meet our own exemplary Health and Safety standards, we have a strict Trips Procedure that students and parents are required to adhere to. This procedure has been produced to protect and safeguard our students at all times.
By consenting to a trip, parents agree that their daughter will abide by the school’s Code of Conduct for Offsite Events and Activities
Parkstone Grammar School
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR OFFSITE EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
While the students are out of school they will be subject to supervision by a reasonable number of school staff and adult helpers. However, a well behaved group of students means that a visit can be enjoyed by all and will enhance the students’ educational experience. A well behaved group is also a safe group.
We expect the students to abide by the normal rules of the school at all times.
- Students are expected to obey supervising adults at all times.
- Students should recognise that this is a visit not a holiday. They will be expected to participate fully in all aspects of the visit, except where an activity is specifically classed as optional.
- Students must not smoke or drink alcohol or be in possession of illegal substances
- Students will not be allowed to leave the group without the express permission from the group leader or his or her representative.
- Students are expected to respect the environment.
- The rules laid down by the organisers at the venue will be obeyed at all times.
- All safety regulations will be obeyed at all times.
- Students should ensure they are never alone. They should stay in groups of at least four.
- Students should always be aware of meeting times and places and arrive promptly.
- Students should dress appropriately.
- Students have a responsibility to look after their own belongings, especially money.
- On coaches and ferries, students must abide the safety regulations. On coaches seat belts must be worn at all times.